- 20 shot accuracy test and 4 x 5 shot rapid fire tests
091011 20 shot test
091011 4x5shot test
- test scores on time to clean prone and standing–two weeks
151617 standing time to clean
151617 prone time to clean
- 50 shot—25 prone, 25 standing on metal targets
091011 50 shot
- 60 shot—30 prone, 30 standing on 10 ring paper—breaking the line counts up
131415 60 shot test
- 20x 1 shot
091011 20 x 1shot test
- 20 x 1 shot Meyer test—similar to above, but on 10 ring paper
151617 Meyer’s 20 x 1
- results on the combined 20 shot, 4 x 5 shot and the time to clean prone then standing
French test june 2015
It is a really good idea to pick one of these tests for each time you shoot. Send me your results and I will post them.
Other shooting ideas include shooting with a planned heartrate on paper—like cold zero on one, 160 HR on bravo, 170 HR on charlie, 180 HR on Delta and 190 HR on Echo. See where your best shooting occurs.
Do plyos and combine with the 50 shot on metal.
Set a goal on a combo route, running or skiing, and count the misses while maintaining that pace.
Race biathlon as much as you can—preferably on roller skis or skis!!
Bill Meyer, Coach
Dear USBA Team Athletes, Dear Coaches,
find attached the following criteria documents, as approved by the USBA Board of Directors yesterday:
1. International Competition Criteria Seniors
2. Youth and Junior WCHs Criteria
Criteria Juniors and Youth Season 2015-16_20June2015
3. Team Criteria: USBA High Performance National Teams
National_Teams-2016 High Performance Teams20Jun2015
4. National Team Criteria: USBA Development Teams
National_Teams-2016 for Development Teams20June2015
Summer Biathlon Race & Novice Race
Saturday, June 20, 2015
Hosted by Mt.Itasca Nordic Ski Association
Biathlon Race + Novice Race
Format: Mass start, Elite (PPSS), Novice (PP)
|ELITE BIATHLETES:||Run distance||Position|
|MEN, WOMEN, JM, JW,YM, YW, BOYS, GIRLS||6km (5×1.2km)||P,P,S,S|
|NOVICE MEN & WOMEN:|
|14 years old and over||3km (3x1km)||P, P|
|14 years old and under||1.8km (3x600m)||P, P|
Elite biathletes – Registration opens: 9:00am
Zero: 9:30am – 10:00am
Novice Race – Registration ends: 11:00am
Start approx.: 11:30am
All Novice Biathlon Race participants will go through the safety instruction prior to zeroing and they will have adult / coach/ experienced biathlete helping them on the range while competing, zeroing the rifle or safety instruction! Rifles and ammo, Air Rifles and pellets are provided.
Questions? Call Vlad 218-256-8323 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Midwest Regional Biathlon Development Camp
June 15-26, 2014
Mt. Itasca/ Grand Rapids MN
This camp will focus on developing biathlon shooting skills- position, accuracy drills, and combo training for athletes that have varying experience in biathlon . Volume training, rollerskiing, running, biking, as well as strength and technique work.
1) new athletes: 14 years and older must be a good skier – perfect camp, if you are serious about biathlon. Shooting (including rifle set up) focused on accuracy, practicing both positions – prone and standing, developing good position and range procedure, accuracy shooting, combo shooting
2) experienced athletes – great camp to improve your biathlon skills: shooting – check position – make adjustments, focused accuracy and combo shooting
Daily schedule: first week – shooting twice a day with 1 or 2 physical workout as well;
second week – combo shooting with more biathlon specific training (rollerskiing, running, biking, strength) with few epic workouts.
Dates: Monday, June 15 at 10 AM meeting at Mt. Itasca – Friday, June 26 at Noon
Cost : includes use of venue, coaching, housing, food, transport
1 week – $300 (6.15. – 6.20.)
2 weeks – $550 (6.15.- 6.26.)
What to bring:
You will stay in the rental house in Grand Rapids with some beds available or camping at Mt. Itasca ( TBD) . You will need a camping mat /air mattress, sleeping bag, pillow.
You will need rifle, 2 brick of ammo (some ammo will be available to buy at the camp), running shoes, and several sets of training clothing. Also, skate rollerski equipm. road bike helmet, water bottle carrier. Bring some rain gear and also a pair of thin ski gloves for shooting. Bug spray may be a good idea as well.
Athletes from Twin Cities – contact Piotr email@example.com
If you plan to come, let me know ASAP, please. Specify also, if you are coming for 1 or 2 week !!!
Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have question,