Photos by: Jim Wheeler
- 12 April– begin training plan for 2021-2022
- 8/9 two-day camp Elk River
Experienced AM and PM- Max 10
shooting focus Newcomers PM Max 10
- 15/16 Weekend shooting camp Mt Itasca -optional- housing and food on your own
- 16 Rifle Fitting / Shooting Clinic Blackhawk Ski Club, Youth and Masters
- 14-20 Weeklong shooting Camp at Mt Itasca, MN, Camping and Breakfast/lunch included
- 25-27 Shooting and Ski Camp at Blackhawk, Camping available at Blackhawk
- 26 Safety Certification Class at Blackhawk
- Sun 27 Daycamp Elk River Max 20
- Sun 27 Rollerski biathlon race- Elk River
- Sat 17 Day Camp at Wolfpack Biathlon, MN
- Thurs 22 Rollerski biathlon race- Elk River
- 2-8 National camp and Summer Championships at Jericho VT or Craftsbury Tentative!!
- Sun 15 Day camp Duluth Snowflake Ski Club
- Thurs 19 Rollerski biathlon race- Elk River
- 12 Day camp Mt Itasca, MN
- 11/12 Two Day Camp and Race, Blackhawk Ski Club, Youth and Masters
- 16/17 Day camp Elk River, MN, Fall Festival with Roller Ski Biathlon Race
- Sun 14 Daycamp Elk River
- 21-28 Thanksgiving camp- West Yellowstone
incl biathlon race
- 4/5 On snow- Mt Itasca
- Sun 5 race on snow Mt Itasca MN Cup #1
- Sun 12 race on snow Mt Itasca MN Cup #2
- 26-31 Youth and Junior National Team Trials- Soldier Hollow. Race dates to be determined.
- 23-27 US National Championships, Lake Placid,NY
Note: Dates and events subject to change based on weather, availability and condition of venues and Covid restrictions. Full winter race schedule for MN and WI will be added at a later date.
Here is the membership form for MN Biathlon for the coming training year which will start on 12th of April, and runs from April to April. A USBA membership is also required to use the ranges and participate in events (membership runs from Oct to Oct). USBA provides our range insurance.
Also coming up are rifles leases for those leasing MN Biathlon rifles for the coming year. We are still working on the final distribution list, and we will contact those affected within the next couple of weeks. Rifle lease prices will remain the same as last year –$200 for a bolt action or Izhmach, and $225 for an Anschutz Fortner action. If you want a club rifle but haven’t returned the questionnaire to me yet, I need that before we will re-issue any rifle.
Training plans for the upcoming season are also being developed according to the information I have. If you want a plan, but have not indicated to me you would like a plan, please do so. I will need the number of hours you trained last year, and reserve the right to just refer you to our pretty much weekly email. I am waiting on USBA to get their Trials schedule out. The IBU Youth and Junior World Championships will be held at Soldier Hollow in the US in late February this upcoming season!
Currently we have 10 athletes from the Midwest headed for West Yellowstone for US Biathlon Nationals. Some are there, some are on their way, and some leave in the am. Good Luck to all!! 140+biathletes from around the lower 48 snowbelt plus AK are registered!! Should be a lot of fun!! The Covid testing requirements are strict!!
Meanwhile, please take a minute to fill out the attached form, and return it to me as indicated. Any checks should be made out to MN Biathlon.
Thanks—lets get this done asap!
Bill Meyer, Coach
Good Morning Everyone! Just a followup to earlier emails!
- We are making plans for the trip to Nationals at West Yellowstone. We have 9 from the Midwest signed up, with 2 or 3 more on the fence yet. Jeff Bosek is the trip leader. Jeff, Mark Torresani and I are planning on coaching. If you plan to attend, please look over the Covid protocol above and the Nationals Invitation. Fill them out and note they must be submitted online no later than the afternoon of Sunday 21st of March for registration. There is no onsite registration!!! And please let Jeff and me know if you are coming and haven’t already contacted us; or if you need to confirm. When you are registering and if you will be shooting on Tues or Wed prior to Official Training, try to get the 10:00-12:00 slot for range time. Jeff will be available on the range to coach those days. Some of us are staying at the Day’s Inn. We suggest a direct call vs online to save a few $$.
- All MN Biathlon rifles leased for the year are due to be turned in at the end of the month. A questionnaire has been sent to all those who have rifles, or have expressed interest in leasing next year. If you misplaced that, or didn’t get one and would like to lease next year, that form is also attached. If you want a rifle next year, you need to fill that out and return it to me—either by email or by mail to the below address by Monday the 15th of March.
If you are not attending Nationals, please thoroughly clean and then turn in the rifle asap or after the Sunday race. If you have had good participation and would like to lease again, please put a piece of masking tape on the stock with your name on it. After the coaches go through the rifles and clean them, check them over, and replace any missing/damaged parts, we will be re-issuing. Who gets a rifle, who gets an upgrade, or who will need to buy their own to continue will be determined based mostly on the questionnaire answers and the coach’s discretion thereto. If you are going to Nationals, we can look the rifles over at West and re-issue for next year. Please contact me if you have any questions!!
Bill Meyer, Coach
RESULTS available here: Snowflake Biathlon Race – Duluth – Feb 21, 2021 – RESULTS
First we have a MN Cup schedule change.
The MN Cup race at Snowflake scheduled for the 14th of Feb will be moved to the 21st of February due to cold weather. The forecast for next Sunday is –11F overnight with a high of +4 at 3:00 in the pm with windchills still at –10F at 3:00. Then for those familiar with that range it is exposed to a long sweep of wind from the W—and the winds in the pm are forecast at 10 mph from the WNW plus gusts—so not fun. Please let John Gould and me know if you will be attending on Sunday, the 21st of Feb.
Minnesota Cup #1
Hosted by Duluth Biathlon and Snowflake Nordic Ski Area
Originally was scheduled for Feb 14, moved to Feb 21, 2021 due to weather conditions.
|Midwest Regional Biathlon|
|Men’s 10k Mass Start – Final Results|
|Women’s 10k Mass Start – Final Results|
Date: Sunday, February 21, 2021 (originally scheduled for Feb 14th)
Location: Snowflake Nordic, 4348 Rice Lake Road, Duluth (one mile north of the intersection of the Rice Lake and Arrowhead Roads)
Race Format: Mass Start (PPSS)
Distance: 10 km: All M, F
Registration: 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM at Snowflake Chalet/Lower Level
Zero: 10:00 AM to 10:45 AM
Race Start: 11:00 AM
Cost: $20 (cash or check payable to John Gould)
There will not be a Novice Race this year.
Covid-19: Do not attend the race if you have or recently have had flu symptoms and/or a fever. Masks should be worn unless you are out skiing or on the firing line.
Pre-registration via email to John: firstname.lastname@example.org necessary!
Questions? Call John Gould at 218-269-2854
or e-mail: email@example.com