Results from the Summer Biathlon Race (Running) 6k/7.5k held on June 19, 2021 at Mt. Itasca.
Here is the information for our Minnesota Biathlon May Camp at Mt. Itasca, MN. This camp is a great jump start to the season and perfect time to do all new adjustments on your rifle or fitting rifle for new athletes.
Dates: May 15-16 2021
- new athletes– Athletes will go through basic safety training, will do a rifle fitting and a start on accuracy shooting, shooting prone and standing, developing good position and range procedure.
- experienced athletes – check position – make adjustments, and get started with some focused accuracy shooting.
- Camp will start at 10 AM. with rifle adjusting and fitting, dry firing and accuracy shooting.
- After lunch more shooting drills and some easy roller skiing.
- After dinner more shooting drills.
- Start at 9 AM with more shooting drills and shooting games.
- Training will wrap up approx. 11:30 AM
There is a possibility to shoot on Friday night as well, if you plan to arrive on Friday. Let me know!
Cost and Registration:
-Cost for use of venue, coaching, $30. Please make checks payable to Vlad Cervenka. Bring checks or cash with you, along with the attached registration form. Note that the USBA membership is required.
What to bring:
You will need running shoes, and several sets of training clothing, (Check the weather forecast before you come) as well as skate roller ski equipment and helmet, water bottle carrier, and bring some rain gear. Also bring a pair of thin ski gloves for shooting.
Because it is not possible to camp at Mt. Itasca, you have to arrange you own housing and food. The headquarter at Mt. Itasca will be open for lunch or dinner on Saturday.
If you plan to come or need more info, let me know.
Vlad Cervenka: 218 256 8323 or cervenkv@gmail,com
- 12 April– begin training plan for 2021-2022
- 8/9 two-day camp Elk River
Experienced AM and PM- Max 10
shooting focus Newcomers PM Max 10
- 15/16 Weekend shooting camp Mt Itasca -optional- housing and food on your own
- 16 Rifle Fitting / Shooting Clinic Blackhawk Ski Club, Youth and Masters
- 14-20 Weeklong shooting Camp at Mt Itasca, MN, Camping and Breakfast/lunch included
- 25-27 Shooting and Ski Camp at Blackhawk, Camping available at Blackhawk
- 26 Safety Certification Class at Blackhawk
- Sun 27 Daycamp Elk River Max 20
- Sun 27 Rollerski biathlon race- Elk River
- Sat 17 Day Camp at Wolfpack Biathlon, MN
- Thurs 22 Rollerski biathlon race- Elk River
- 2-8 National camp and Summer Championships at Jericho VT or Craftsbury Tentative!!
- Sun 15 Day camp Duluth Snowflake Ski Club
- Thurs 19 Rollerski biathlon race- Elk River
- 12 Day camp Mt Itasca, MN
- 11/12 Two Day Camp and Race, Blackhawk Ski Club, Youth and Masters
- 16/17 Day camp Elk River, MN, Fall Festival with Roller Ski Biathlon Race
- Sun 14 Daycamp Elk River
- 21-28 Thanksgiving camp- West Yellowstone
incl biathlon race
- 4/5 On snow- Mt Itasca
- Sun 5 race on snow Mt Itasca MN Cup #1
- Sun 12 race on snow Mt Itasca MN Cup #2
- 26-31 Youth and Junior National Team Trials- Soldier Hollow. Race dates to be determined.
- 23-27 US National Championships, Lake Placid,NY
Note: Dates and events subject to change based on weather, availability and condition of venues and Covid restrictions. Full winter race schedule for MN and WI will be added at a later date.
Here is the membership form for MN Biathlon for the coming training year which will start on 12th of April, and runs from April to April. A USBA membership is also required to use the ranges and participate in events (membership runs from Oct to Oct). USBA provides our range insurance.
Also coming up are rifles leases for those leasing MN Biathlon rifles for the coming year. We are still working on the final distribution list, and we will contact those affected within the next couple of weeks. Rifle lease prices will remain the same as last year –$200 for a bolt action or Izhmach, and $225 for an Anschutz Fortner action. If you want a club rifle but haven’t returned the questionnaire to me yet, I need that before we will re-issue any rifle.
Training plans for the upcoming season are also being developed according to the information I have. If you want a plan, but have not indicated to me you would like a plan, please do so. I will need the number of hours you trained last year, and reserve the right to just refer you to our pretty much weekly email. I am waiting on USBA to get their Trials schedule out. The IBU Youth and Junior World Championships will be held at Soldier Hollow in the US in late February this upcoming season!
Currently we have 10 athletes from the Midwest headed for West Yellowstone for US Biathlon Nationals. Some are there, some are on their way, and some leave in the am. Good Luck to all!! 140+biathletes from around the lower 48 snowbelt plus AK are registered!! Should be a lot of fun!! The Covid testing requirements are strict!!
Meanwhile, please take a minute to fill out the attached form, and return it to me as indicated. Any checks should be made out to MN Biathlon.
Thanks—lets get this done asap!
Bill Meyer, Coach
Good Morning Everyone! Just a followup to earlier emails!
- We are making plans for the trip to Nationals at West Yellowstone. We have 9 from the Midwest signed up, with 2 or 3 more on the fence yet. Jeff Bosek is the trip leader. Jeff, Mark Torresani and I are planning on coaching. If you plan to attend, please look over the Covid protocol above and the Nationals Invitation. Fill them out and note they must be submitted online no later than the afternoon of Sunday 21st of March for registration. There is no onsite registration!!! And please let Jeff and me know if you are coming and haven’t already contacted us; or if you need to confirm. When you are registering and if you will be shooting on Tues or Wed prior to Official Training, try to get the 10:00-12:00 slot for range time. Jeff will be available on the range to coach those days. Some of us are staying at the Day’s Inn. We suggest a direct call vs online to save a few $$.
- All MN Biathlon rifles leased for the year are due to be turned in at the end of the month. A questionnaire has been sent to all those who have rifles, or have expressed interest in leasing next year. If you misplaced that, or didn’t get one and would like to lease next year, that form is also attached. If you want a rifle next year, you need to fill that out and return it to me—either by email or by mail to the below address by Monday the 15th of March.
If you are not attending Nationals, please thoroughly clean and then turn in the rifle asap or after the Sunday race. If you have had good participation and would like to lease again, please put a piece of masking tape on the stock with your name on it. After the coaches go through the rifles and clean them, check them over, and replace any missing/damaged parts, we will be re-issuing. Who gets a rifle, who gets an upgrade, or who will need to buy their own to continue will be determined based mostly on the questionnaire answers and the coach’s discretion thereto. If you are going to Nationals, we can look the rifles over at West and re-issue for next year. Please contact me if you have any questions!!
Bill Meyer, Coach
Minnesota Cup – March 2021
Hosted by Mt. Itasca Nordic Ski Association
Date: Sunday!, March 14, 2021
Place: Mt. Itasca, Coleraine
Race Format: Mass Start (PPSS)
Distance: All approx. 8k (base on the snow situation)
Registration: 9:30 AM – 9:55 AM ( day registration only)
Zero: 10:00 AM – 10:30AM
Race Start: 10:45 AM – Mass Start
Cost: $20 (cash or check payable to MINSA)
Questions? call Vlad 218 256 8323 or e-mail