Sunday, January 12th, 2020
Sponsored by Minnesota Biathlon and Twin Cities Biathlon
- 11:00AM: Come see experienced biathletes compete at a 9km, 5-lap race from a close-up, range-side view.
- 12:00PM – 12:45: Mandatory safety instruction and rifle practice.
- 1:00PM: Untimed, low-key 2.4km race. Three ski laps, two shooting stages!
$40 / participant
In-person cash or check made out to Minnesota Biathlon.
● Rifle safety and marksmanship instruction.
● Shooting practice.
● A low-key, non-technical, and untimed “race” to test our your new skills.
● Rifles and ammunition will be provided by the club.
● Parental permission if under the age of 18.
○ For participants under the age of 14, a parent must be present during the clinic.
● Basic cross-country ski proficiency.
○ You don’t have to be fast!
○ You should be able to ski a few kilometers and negotiate easy hills and turns.
● There is no minimum age to register, but:
○ The rifles will be adult-sized.
○ Attendees must be able to listen and carefully follow coach directions for the duration of the clinic.
What to Bring
● Skis, poles, and boots.
○ Skate gear strongly preferred, but classic can work.
● Gloves. Mittens will interfere with riflery.
● Appropriate clothing to the weather.
● A snack.
● A positive attitude!