December 17, 2012
US Biathlon Team Announcement for World Cup 4 and IBU Cup 4
The International Competition Committee of US Biathlon met today and announces the following teams:
World Cup 4:
- Susan Dunklee
- Sara Studebaker
- Annelies Cook – discretionary selection based on ranking as the 3rd women in WC points and second fastest ski times.
- Tim Burke
- Lowell Bailey
- Russell Currier
- Leif Nordgren – discretionary selection based on two top 60 WC finishes and fourth best skiing among the World Cup team members
IBU Cup 4:
- Lanny Barnes – from World Cup qualification
- Tracy Barnes – from Nov/Dec IBU Cup qualification
- Hannah Dreissigacker – IBU Cup trials winner
- Katrina Howe – discretionary selection from IBU Cup trials*
- Jay Hakkinen – from World Cup qualification
- Jeremy Teela – from Nov/Dec IBU Cup qualification
- Bill Bowler – IBU Cup trials winner
- Wynn Roberts – discretionary selection from IBU Cup trials*
* Due to US Biathlon financial constraints participation by the additional athletes selected by discretion from the IBU Cup trials will be on a self-pay basis.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact ICC Chairman Jay T. Kearney (JayT@ospreyleadership.com) or CEO Max Cobb (Max.Cobb@USBiathlon.org)
Good luck and happy holidays!