Over the past couple of years Twin City Biathlon, a branch of MN Biathlon, has been making numerous improvements to the range facility at Woodland Trails Park. Thanks so much to Chad and Lynda Bouley, Tara and Marcus Landrum, Dave Anderson with Elk River Parks and all the others who have pitched in. Here are some of the changes:
- Redesigned target boxes for easier switch from paper to metal—now use a fold down front plate- the new plates were donated
- a new fabric skirt in front of the boxes to catch lead coming off the face of the metal-thanks to Lynda
- new target box covers—again, thanks to Lynda
- new paddles built by Marcus to replace some that were too heavy
- a new Target #4- thanks to Chad for receiving that and getting it installed
- New paper targets designed by Tara who also chased the printing—we are using up the old strips first
- new standard shooting mats—thanks to Lou Chouinard for meeting the supplier in Southern MN!
- a new wind flag system and flags
- new bibs designed by Tara
- a new timing program on a spreadsheet designed by Zean Baker—will try out on Saturday!!
- a temporary porta potty brought in by Dave Anderson and his crew
- And for the weekend event, some generators, heat, lights and computers in the range building!!
It is amazing what volunteers can do when they put their efforts together. A lot more were involved in making this all happen!! Sampsons, Hudrliks, Brodersons and more!!
Thank you all!!
Bill Meyer, Coach