Elk River Biathlon Novice Clinic
February 24-25, 2018
Woodland Trails Biathlon Range, Elk River, Minnesota
20135 Elk Lake Rd NW, Elk River, MN 55330
Saturday: 11:00AM – 1:30PM
Sunday: 12:00PM – 1:00PM, immediately after the race for experienced biathletes.
Come early to spectate!
Cost: $50 for the Saturday clinic, additional $10 for optional Sunday race
What you’ll do:
- Rifle safety and basic operation.
- Shooting practice from the prone position.
- An untimed “race” with 4 shooting stages to apply your newly acquired shooting skills.
- Attending on Saturday is mandatory for participants.
- Another novice-only race, greater in length and difficulty than Saturday’s practice race.
- This race will be timed and have published results.
- The race will follow after the race for more experienced athletes. Come early to watch some top competitors!
- Sunday’s events are only available to folks who attended Saturday’s clinic.
What to bring:
- Personal ski gear. Skate equipment is strongly preferred.
- Bring at least one pair of gloves (not mittens or “lobster” mitts) as biathlon rifles require finger dexterity. A few pairs are better!
- Lunch and/or snacks for yourself.
- A positive attitude!
This clinic is currently capped at 15 participants. Participants beyond that will be placed on a wait list and will be notified prior to the event if space has opened up.
If you have signed up but cannot attend, please notify Brian (contact info at the bottom of the form) so we can open your slot for another attendee.
Please note that there is no water, warming, or bathroom access at the shooting range. There is a toilet located at the parking lot, a few minutes of skiing or walking from the range area.
Questions? Contact Brian at email@example.com or 651-366-2952.
Note: We have reached the 15-person registration cap but we are still accepting registrations for the wait list. Register online: https://goo.gl/forms/xKGb69OsEn6ryYRC2